Sunday, March 1, 2009

Africa- it has captured my heart




I am in love with this beautiful country called Africa. It is so rich in history, has many terrains (the picture on the left shows the different biomes), gorgeous and unique animals and so many different types of people. Do you know that Jazz and Hip-hop and soul music came from Africa? African music is amazing, full of rhythm and history, somthing I appreciate!


Africa is the 2nd largest and second most-populous continent with about 922 million people. There are 53 countries More than 1,000 indigenous African Languages including several spoken by tens of millions such as Igbo, Swahili, Hausa, Amharic, and Yoruba; Plus Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Spanish, Indian languages, and many others.
I am currently learning Spanish, I know English (duh), and I am looking into learning Afrikaan, I should be able to communicate fairly well if I ever get to fulfill my dream of going to Africa. Do you know that people in Africa go blind because they don't have simple over the counter eye drops. My goal is to get these simple medical supplies to the people who need them most. I hope to share more about my the place which has captured my heart in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment